It’s true that wedding rings are an investment in commitment and a lifelong journey, but do you also consider your ring a financial investment? You should! Today the team at William Thomas Jewelers is sharing insight into the benefit of investing in diamonds.
At William Thomas Jewelers we strive to create not only a beautiful piece of wearable art, but also a memorable experience and an overall investment. We’ve been Madison’s premier custom jeweler for over 20 years, hand-crafting jewelry for all occasions. When led by our clients artistic vision, we create beautiful custom pieces to be cherished for years to come. Clients come to William Thomas Jewelers to celebrate a season in life with jewelry, and are not often thinking of the investment beyond the joy it will bring to the recipient, but the appreciation factor of custom jewelry is certainly work considering!
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN INVESTING IN DIAMONDS:
- High-quality diamonds have historically gone up in value over time, showing steady incremental growth and large increases each year.
- Diamonds are insurable unlike most other investments, making them a relatively low-risk option.
- Unlike many other investments that you lock away or that exist only as a balance on paper, a diamond as an investment doesn’t have to sit in a vault, and it doesn’t require checking a bank account balance. A diamond is an investment that you can actually wear and enjoy!
- Diamonds don’t “wear out” or go out of style – specifically the round diamond, it is a timeless cut!
- A diamond will not change over time if it is well taken care of, and it is very hard to scratch/crack a diamond. They are the hardest substance on earth! Chips can happen if the stone is hit at the right angle with enough pressure; specifically, at the most vulnerable part of the stone, the girdle (the widest point of the stone), so keep a closer eye on that area for chips! If a chip does happen, some insurance policies will cover it and replace your diamond, but it can also be re-cut to remove a chip.
- They are beautiful and portable!
GRADING CONSIDERATIONS TO PROTECT YOUR INVESTMENT:
- Diamond grading is somewhat subjective, and can vary slightly between different appraisers. Make sure to connect with a trustworthy jeweler (like William Thomas Jewelers) to be sure that you are getting a fair value
- A report from GIA, the most highly respected lab, is a must for proof of its quality. GIA, the Gemological Institute of America, will provide the strictest and most accurate grade to certify your diamond. You can send a stone directly to the lab and they will send it back with a diamond grading report!
We’d love to create custom wedding rings or anniversary jewelry with you! Contact us to set up a consultation on our Featured Vendor Profile Page.