Last year we teamed up with Charlie’s on Main and Wood Violet Events + Styling to host the Marry Me on Main Wedding Giveaway. After reading through dozens of entries, we chose the top 3 couples and moved on to the interview round. From those discussions, we chose the winner and proudly introduced Mike and Ann to you in spring. In the months that followed that announcement, Mike and Ann worked with an incredible team of local vendors to plan their dream wedding. Each vendor gifted the couple their time or service, and contributed to creating an absolutely perfect day.
We knew that we’d be casting the Love, Madison Weddings vote for Mike and Ann almost immediately. Mike and Ann’s love is undeniably magnetic. Before the official start of the interview, we simply asked each of them what they do for a living. Ann shared that she is a dental hygienist and went on to explain how much she enjoys her job. Immediately after she finished, Mike sweetly informed us that she was underplaying how important she is to her patients and how much they love her. It was apparent in that moment that the love between Mike and Ann is based on building each other up and bringing out the best in the other, and that was exactly what we were looking for. During their interview we laughed, raised our glasses and fell in love with Mike and Ann’s love.
Their wedding day was as lovely as they are – elegant and fun, with a lot of laughs and happy tears. It was filled with intention and sweet gestures and surprises.
A few of the memories we will carry with us and look back on fondly as we recall this magical day:
– Mike and his group of friends are hilarious, and Mike chose to let fate determine who his best man would be. On the day of the wedding, each took part in an intense game of rock, paper, scissors to see who would don the coveted best man boutonniere. In the gallery below you’ll see the outcome unfold.
– After Mike and Ann exchanged vows, Mike surprised Jade with a bracelet and his own vows to her, Ann and their family. We have had the pleasure of getting to know Mike, Ann and Jade over the past year and they are such a sweet family. Seeing this sweet moment and commitment was so heartwarming.
– Following that, Jade sang to Mike and Ann! She sounded amazing as she sang a personalized version of Hallelujah — a cappella!
– Instead of the chosen best man giving a speech, all of Mike’s friends came prepared to say a little something – in the form of a roast. The stories were absolutely hilarious, and quite frankly, we were sad when that portion of the evening ended because tears of laughter were flowing.
– Ann and her ladies spent months preparing a choreographed dance. Mike didn’t question her sudden interest in “yoga classes” but it all made sense when he learned it was code for dance practice. The dance was upbeat and fun, and it was a great start to a lively reception.
Cheers to you, Mike and Ann. And thank you to the amazing team of vendors below who contributed to their perfect wedding day!
Wedding Date: May 19, 2017
Ceremony & Reception Venue: Charlie’s on Main
Photography: Abbots Lane Photography
Wedding Planner: Wood Violet Events + Styling
Hair & Makeup: Sabatke Transformations
DJ/Emcee: Celebrations Entertainment
Cake & Desserts: Brown Rice & Honey
Chocolate Box Favors: The Chocolate Caper
Flowers: Simply Glamorous Designs at Oregon Floral
Rings: TQ Diamonds